Tuesday, February 15, 2011

(30) Valentines Day

Today is valentines day, also known as the day after my birthday day and singles awareness day.

This morning I got to unintentionally sleep in an extra 20 minutes. There are two buttons i have to choose between to make my alarm stop going off. This morning I chose the wrong one. I thought i hit snooze but instead i hit dismiss. Thankfully i have an internal alarm clock, and that woke me up at 6:25.
I was still able to get ready with enough time to spare.

I got to school and spent my hour of time before class in the lounge attempting to read. I ended up taking a nap for about 15 minutes. I went to class at 9:30 and then once that class was done i went back to the lounge. I ate lunch (a baked potato and strawberry pie) and the continued with reading. Once again this reading thing wasn't working out. Each time i tried my eyes would get heavy. I chose to give into my need for sleep several times. I must say i love taking naps. The best part about napping in the lounge is that there are several other people doing the same thing, so you don't have to feel awkward about it. 
I went to my 12:30 class and was so grateful to find out that we weren't doing any assignments today on the assigned reading-(it was fine that i took naps instead of reading!!!!!)

As soon as that class got out i headed over to the passport office. I turned in my application and had all the paperwork, photos, and documents this time. It was a quick process and now i just have to wait for the passport to come in the mail. I left the office and headed for the bus stop. As i made my way toward the stop i could see my bus coming. It worked out so perfect. By the time I made it to the bus the doors had just opened and i walked right on. Today worked out perfect in so many ways.

I got home today and the cleaning ladies were still at the house. I headed out back and joined my mom in the potting shed. We both sat there with our laptops on our laps. I worked on a challenge hosted by WWEPW. The challenge was to create an Emma Pillsbury look using the sweater they provided.
This is what i came up with:

After working on this i headed inside to to homework. Of course that didn't actually happen. Instead i turned on my TV and fell asleep. I woke up at 5:20.
I ate a little bit, but tried not to fill up because tonight i was going to hang out at Erin's house with all the other single people. 
Erin came over around 6. We headed to her house a little before 7pm.
At this hang out....
....I worked on homework-like i actually got stuff done-not just pretended to do it
...ate dinner-spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
...I watched people play rock band while i typed up paragraph responses to an observation i did last week. 
We watched the movie Valentines Day. At some point our eyes started burning and we realized there was bread in the oven. It was no longer bread when it was taken out. Instead it was a charred substance.
I got home close to midnight and now I am going to sleep and hoping that the burning in my eyes will soon subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment