Thursday, March 31, 2011

(74) Nothing goes quite as planned

So i semi planned out what i would be doing today and actually accomplished a fair amount of it.
I woke up and poured myself a cup of coffee and went back to my room.
(i knew if i didn't go directly up to my room, i wouldn't be back there till way later. It would have been an unproductive day)
I picked up and sorted all of my dirty laundry and put all of my clean laundry on my bed.
I brought all of my laundry down to the garage so that i could start washing it.
I put on a load and threw the clothes from the washer into the dryer.
I went back in the house and enjoyed my coffee and browsed the internet. 
A while later i switched the load of laundry over and began a new load.
I went back in the house and lounged on the couch reading water for elephants. 
This process continued for hours-until 2 o'clock.
I went to check on the dryer. It had been over an hour since i had put the clothes in the dryer. They were still wet. I set the dryer again and hoped it would dry. I went out 45 minutes later. No change in dryness.
The dryer was broken.  Of course i was on a time crunch. It was around 3 and i had to leave for work at 4. All of my jeans, (i wear jeans for work), were in that load of laundry. Thankfully i live near a laundromat and was able to get them dried. I made it back home with about 20 minutes to spare. Just enough time to get ready.

Also somewhere in that time frame me and mom discovered we have a bee problem. There were a couple buzzing in the house. Mom killed several and they just kept appearing. They were nesting in the chimney. While i was at work a fire was put on to exterminate them. I believe it worked. At least i sure hope it did. 

I felt like i accomplished a fair amount today, but I just realized that when i go up to my room i still have to face the laundry that needs to be put away. It's always something.
And tomorrow...i may have to spend some time at the laundromat finishing the laundry that i started today.
But for now, i will shower, read a little more, and then hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment